Read more about Ilter Center our FUE training center for doctors.
Advanced hair transplantation with FUE
Different types of hair transplantation
There are different types of hair transplantations and the methods for transplanting hair have evolved greatly over the past five years. The Ilter Clinic works with the FUE Ilter Method (FUE IM), which is an advanced hair transplant technique performed without a scalpel or stitches. With FUE IM, microsurgical instruments are used to relocate hair follicles one by one. The FUE IM is minimally invasive and patient-friendly.
The majority of hair transplant specialists are still working with a method called FUT/STRIP, which involves using a scalpel to remove a strip of skin from ear to ear from the back of the head (donor area) and then sewing the skin back together afterward. At the Ilter Clinic, we do not use this method.
PDF-documents about hair transplant
The seven hair transplant questions you just have to ask
Ilter Clinic works exclusively with microsurgery procedures. Just a few years ago, it was not thought possible to do what is now accomplished with the latest and most modern Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) techniques.
The FUE IM method involves:
• Placing each hair graft one by one in the right direction and at the optimal angle to achieve a balanced density that matches your own natural hair growth
• Constructing high hair density from your existing hair
• Achieving harmonious and balanced hair density
• Painless operation and post-operation procedures
• A quick recovery time
• Minimal scarring, resulting in no restriction in how you wear your hair
Aesthetic skill and technical expertiseAchieving balance, symmetry and proportions
Modern hair transplant methods achieve a genuine appearance by mimicking natural hair. The FUE Ilter Method (FUE IM) offers you greater density and amazing natural results. Today’s microsurgical techniques allow transplanting hairs one by one and result in a natural look that is limited only by your "supply and demand" of hair follicles. Your supply depends on the amount of hair follicles in your donor area. Your donor hair is genetically programmed to last a lifetime. The demand depends on how large you want your recipient area to be. We seek out healthy follicles in donor areas where you have more than enough to transplant to where they are most needed.
Because we place each hair follicle one by one, it is not difficult to turn the tide on a receding hairline and it’s even entirely possible to re-create a pattern such as a natural part or a swirl.
An FUE IM hair transplant is a sophisticated redistribution of hair follicles from a donor area, such as the back of the head, to a recipient area on top or at the front of the head. The FUE IM is an advanced surgical technique that moves hair follicles from areas lush with hair to areas that are sparse or bare.
With FUE IM, we can transplant up to 3,200 grafts per day or approximately 6,400 hairs. Such a treatment is known as a mega-session.
The golden rules for modern hair transplants:Words from one lecture by Dr Ilter
1. Keep it proportional. If this is impossible, then keep the hairline high.
2. Keep the hairline symmetric.
3. Maintain a temporal recession.
4. Never draw a straight hairline. That will never look natural.
5. For the first centimeter behind the hairline, placement of grafts must be irregular and each graft must contain of single hair follicles exclusively.
6. Less angle between hair and scalp gives better results.
7. Placing grafts at an upright and straight angles should be avoided in order to obtain a natural result.
8. If there is no swirl in the hairline, grafts must not be placed to grow backwards. Be sure to maintain natural directions at all times.
9. Do not create a new look for a patient’s hairline. Stick to what has made the patient happy before.
10. Maintain balance. If the sides of the hairline have a density of 120-hairs/ square centimeters, density should not exceed 150 hairs/ square centimeter or more in the middle. This is even more important if resources are limited in the donor area. Always use a patient’s hair supply wisely!
11. Be prepared for the worst. If a patient is a Norwood 6, does he or she have enough resources in the donor area to achieve the desired results? Examining resources before a FUE IM procedure is crucial in order to obtain a good result.
12. Consider if the hairline will look good, even when a patient advances in age.
13. Every case is different. A doctor has to be comfortable and knowledgeable with the technique required for a patient’s situation, otherwise he/she should refer to another doctor, no exceptions.
14. Always remember the first rule of medicine - “Do No Harm.”
History of hair transplantsProfessor Dom Unger in Germany carried out the first successful hair transplants in 1822.
Read more about the history of hair transplantation
• Stockholm daily consultation
This is a blog from our UK Patient Tim about his hair loss and hair transplantation. Contact us if you would like to have more information or if you want to read his website
• FUE is virtually free from visible scars or other cosmetic complications
• Recovery time is minimal
• The Ilter Clinic’s FUE Method is the most minimally invasive restoration procedure available today
• MD Ilter has personally performed more than 1,200 FUE procedures, involving more than 1.5 million grafts in total
• Nearly half our patients come to us after undergoing procedures at other clinics
• More than half our patients visit us from abroad
• All procedures are performed by our founder and chief medical officer, MD Ilter himself